Saturday, September 12, 2015

Review: Banana Tree SG

Banana Tree is one of the must-go café for me in Seoul, South Korea. Sadly, I don't have a chance to visit them the last time I was there two years ago. When they open an outlet along Keong Siak Road, I know I must visit this place at least once!

Finally, managed to drag X with me last Sunday evening to try this super photogenic place.


Banana Tree Singapore
26 Keong Saik Road
Singapore 089133


Thanks to the korean lady who decided to bring the brand over to Singapore!

  

 

Red Bean Pot Bing Soo ($8.50 -Mini)
I thought that they offer some choices for the 'soil' like you can choose either crushed Oreo cookies or red bean. When I saw the photos on instagram, I just assume they are all red bean lovers. But when I saw their menu, they only have red bean for bing soo. It is a major turn off for me la because my stomach is really weak towards beans especially red bean and nutsBut at the same time, I really want to try it.

Dilemmmmmma~  

Fake flowers, malt ice-cream, almonds, red beans, soy bean powder and shaved ice. Just look at the picture above, I would give them 100/100 for presentation because it is super chio pretty! X feel that the shaved ice can be smoother but to me, I like it. Those ice flakes ↓ is like those we had in ice kachang. Atas version of Ice Kachang.

Hmmm.. Before I start writing this post, I went to search more pictures online and I notice they changed the ingredients in their 'pot'. Some photos I saw is using fruits and some is using nuts or almond like ours. Personally, I would prefer it with fruits, but adding almonds also add some crunch to it.


Oreo Bomb ($12)
All Oreo lovers out there, this is good! X and I love it so much Me mad love~. It is a simple dish but my god, it is pure genius! You can replicate this dish  at home. Just crush some Oreos, heated it up and toss in two balls of ice-cream. Viola! Your very own Oreo Bomb. When they are mashed together, it is like handmade cookie and cream ice-cream!


How to get there
Located walking distance away from 3 MRT station Tanjong Pager MRT, Chinatown MRT and Outram Park MRT. It really depends on how you want to get there, I will attached the direction from Outram Park MRT.
 
Image cr: onemap.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment