Monday, February 23, 2015

Review: L'étoile Café

We decided to explore café/hangout places around Farrer Park. Farrer Park is NE08 of North East Line. We = Bf + Me Let me add a totally not related picture of us!

made using an app called FaceQ

Anyway, we are hanging out at
L'étoile Café
160 Owen Rd
Singapore 218953

This cafe is located at the not-so-crowded side of Owen Road. Saw some blogger took 15-25mins to locate the shop, so I have included a map at the bottom for you all to find the place easier.


How I feel when I first step into the café? Omg. To me, I feel like I am in some reunion dinner with alot of strangers. Why reunion dinner? The cafe is super packed. Most of them hang out in groups and talking about the past, now and future and I went there on chu san third day of the lunar new year. I personally like their menu because some part are handwritten.

The staff? He directed us by pointing to the back because the 1st floor was crowded when we went in. At first, we thought that he want us to sit outside as there is still empty tables. But then, he keep pointing us to back and little do we know, they have a 2nd floor! Obviously, we didn't do our research when we go there. Very nice of them to serve us plain water the moment we sat down! Thumbs up But sadly, they didn't help us refill when it is empty.

The food? Let the picture speaks for me!

Drinks: Hanami & Kiwi Soda 
Erm.. Nothing impressive with the drinks. Just remember that if you are drinking any soda drink, STIR THEM THOROUGHLY!

Food: Chicken Ballotine
According to the menu,"Boneless chicken leg stuffed with shiitake mushroom roasted to tender perfection & covered with red wine gravy."
Everything was great, except for the mushroom. A little bit too hard. I like the fries.. alot!

Conclusion? A good place to hangout. Maybe in the future, I might even consider studying there for my exam. They have free wifi and if you are lucky, you can sit near those seats that have plugs!

Here is the map I promised!
Image Cr: onemap.sg 



For those taking public transport MRT,
After alighting at Farrer Park MRT, we would highly recommend you all to use either exit B or D those circle in green to go this cafe.


→ This will be the view welcoming you if you choose to walk via Exit D.

No comments:

Post a Comment