Sunday, January 15, 2017

Review: MEET

OMG. The last food review I written was in 2015. I need to write more food reviews. Let's start with somewhere near my house.

MEET
180 Kitchener Road
#02-37/38 City Square Mall
Singapore 208539


A newly-opened dining place that just opened on 13 January 2017 Yes, that new! at City Square Mall. X and I were anticipating their opening for so so long. Mainly because X loves beef and I am just excited that there is a new food place opening at City Square Mall. According to their description, they are a french-japanese fusion kind of resturant. Yeah! food food food. 

 

 
Their menu are placed on chopping board! Very interesting. Please note that on Saturdays & Sundays, they are serving all-day brunch menu! I LIKE LOVE IT. 

Video taken on Boomerang and make into gif using gif maker
Teehee... Really addicted to Boomerang

First up, Pan Seared Prawn with Garlic & Jarmon Serrao. It is under the Warm Tapas portion. X love the Jamón Serran, he finished everything and left me with nothing. ... But it is okay, I ate most of the prawns. :p The prawns are super fresh and QQ texture quoted from X, however it is not very hot. It is warm on the outside and cold on the inside. 


Next, Crisp Blacken Baby Squid in Squid Ink served with Garlic Mayonnaise and Lemon Wedges under Warm Tapas. A lot of legs... I mean tentacles... Not sure they are baby squid or not. I feel that the batter is a little too thick for me, but X loves it! He said it is crispy and just right for him.

 
Classis Poached Eggs on Crispy Potato Rosti with Spinach, Sauteed Mushrooms in Hollandaise Sauce under All Day Brunch. They have 3 of my favorite food in one dish, I will rate it 4.5/5!  Their eggs are perfect just look at the images below ↓! X was worried that the eggs will be hard boiled, but the eggs here are P-E-R-F-E-C-T. X feel that the dish is quite plain, would be better with sausage or smoked salmon. For me, I feel that the rosti can be more crispy and it is not plain, I like it... a lot.  But I don't like veggie so if can change to meat will be a plus point.

 
Super bouncy~

Super watery~




 
Lastly, Salmon Fricassee in a Bag with Yuzu, Dashi, Kombu, Clams & Scallops under All Day Brunch. One word, B-R-A-V-O. I love love love love love it. Especially the salmon, it is pretty big and best part is it is fresh, no fishy taste at all! b^.^d The clams is fresh, scallops also fresh and they have Dashi stock in the soup.  I am a fan of any food with Dashi in it. Just write Dashi and I will order you unless you are full of veggie. X said it would be better if they add seafood stock aiyo... he got a lot of comment la

"It's alive!"


We will definitely be back again. A lot of dishes on their menu looks so interesting like their Honey Spiced Roasted Chicken and Oven-baked Seafood in Puff Pastry. Yumm! 

Side Note:
Please note that comment and feedback are X and my personal point of views. Even the two of us that are dating for the past 7 years have different point of views, do share your point of view with us :) If you have any food that you want us to try, you can email us too :)
And all photos in this post are taken using Samsung S7 Edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment