Thursday, May 28, 2015

#ThrowbackThursday

Suddenly I remember this conversation when I was looking at the old-dated resume of mine on MRT today. Really like #throwbackthursday feel!

Well, some background story. This happened in 2009 when I was in Poly yr 2. I was very determined to find a job to save/shop more.

On my resume, I used to write travelling as one of my hobby and the other one is reading. I decided to strike it off after an interview with a well-known bookstore in Singapore (hint: Starts with 'K' and rhythms with Yoshinoya).

So, there are 3 interviewers interviewing me. Firstly, they make me type a lot of things which I screwed up because I panicked. And then face-to-face interview, this is the conversation with one of them. I will call her 'B'.

B: So your interest is travelling, what country have you been to?
Me: Malaysia and Bangkok
B: Huh. Just this two countries and you assume you like travelling?"

I don't remember what I replied. But at that point of time, I was really really hurt. When I wrote travelling as my hobby, I thought travelling is all about the experience and feeling and not really about the places you have been to. After the interview, I remember crying at Takashimaya carpark to X my boyfriend saying that if I have enough money to travel around the world, why do I need to work part-time. Right, B? If I have enough money to travel around the world, why I need to go work part-time and get interviewed by you all, right? 

But I should look on the bright side. Lucky, they didn't ask me in detailed what kind of books do I like to read, when I answered them "Fantasy and Mystery".

"I like to read Enid Blyton's especially his Famous Five, Detective Kindaichi, Detective Conan and Harry Potter." 
I bet this will be their reaction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment