Saturday, April 18, 2015

Review: Jewel Café + Bar

X and I wanted to treat ourselves a good angmoh western breakfast my lovely fluffy pancakes and omelette before our exam starts! But where to find a place along Rangoon Road that serve angmoh breakfast at 9am? Oh... and No McDonald's, please! So our journey begins...

Intend to go back to a cafe that we went for dessert before but they are only open at 9.30am! Damnn! We are 30mins earlier. When we are going to give up our search and walk to Pek Kio Market, we notice this café.

We were really worried that it will not open so early because it is a Café + Bar. When we walked over, we are glad that we are not the only early bird. There are another couple already having their breakfast.

The staff was super attentive. The moment we reach their door, they are already pulling the door open and greeting us! When they hand me their menu, I am attracted to Breakfast page!

This is what we ordered.

Ricotta Pancake with Caramelised Banana, Strawberries and Blueberries.
When we ordered this, the waitress highlighted to us that the pancake is super big and enough to share for two person. Boy, look at the thickness of the pancake ↓ ,we compared them with the knife that was slashing them! So damn thick and fluffy! I am in love with the pancake. The fruits on the other hand wasn't that fresh or sweet. Lemon zested mascaropone the yellow foam thing at the bottom left taste like soda and not to my liking. =X It is okay, the pancake is supposed to be the star anyway!



Omelette.
Bacon, mushroom, ham or smoked salmon. You can choose any two! My choices is mushroom and smoked salmon, just look how stuffed it is ↓. You see the salmonssss that are swimming in the omelette! I love everything on this plate!



Will we come back again?
Of course, we will! I mean where got any other café that served stuffed omelette and super fluffy pancake. Just blogging about it makes me drool.

Jewel Café and Bar
129 Rangoon Road
Singapore 218407

How to get there?
Alight at Farrer Park MRT's Exit B, and..
I don't know how to describe. Please see the map attached below :) Enjoy your meal~
Image Cr: onemap.sg

No comments:

Post a Comment