Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hair Removal Methods

Imagine that you are waving your hands frantically like Ariel .
If you have no unsightly hair/armpit hair, GOOD for you!
And if you do have unsightly hair, this will be the look on 
whoever you are waving to will be like this .

.... Okay, at least this look will be on my face if I see them. 

As a hairy person, it is my pleasure to share my experience with you all.

So what have I done to those unsightly hair before? 
1) Shave
Target Area: Underarm, Leg, Upper Lips
I used to steal my dad's shaver and shave my armpits. I am sorry, dad! But I have no regret doing it! I have my puberty when I was only 10 years old, too young for me to grow up! Most of my friends were all still young(not having their period yet). There goes my smooth smooth body~ Damn, you puberty! Then when I go polytechnic I can afford my own shaver now, I start to care more about my leg hair and that's when I start shaving my leg hair. The smoothness only last me less than half a day la and I can feel my leg hair's spiky-ness!

2) Pluck 
Target Area: Eyebrow, Underarm
Hello Tweezers! Again, I steal them from my mum. Guilty as charged! My eyebrow is unibrow like the image on the right. My thick and bushy unibrow! My classmates and I went to try Threading and I am sold! I love my neatly trimmed eyebrows >< will pluck regularly to maintain the shape! I found out that plucking last longer than shaving, thus I start to pluck my armpit hair. Pain but worth it!

3) Threading
Target Area: Eyebrow
I still remember my classmates and I went to Clementi to get our threading done for prom night. I love how nice my eyebrow look, but I also can't forget how red the area around my brows look! So if you need to look your best for any event or outing and you want to do threading, remember to do 1 day before the event/outing! Oh ya After all the plucking and threading, the hair grows out thicker and darker. :(

4) Waxing
Target Area: Brazilian, Full Legs, Underarm
Want to guess which part of my body did I first tried waxing on? Down south Brazilian waxing. How I tried it? I bought a deal with my friend and we just tried it out! Indeed, it last longer than shaving, but the pain is.. OMG! ... I still remember very clearly my friend was in the room next to mine and she was cursing/shouting at me for making her suffer. It is cheaper than IPL, but need quite a lot of maintaining. You have to go wax every 6 weeks, whereas IPL is every 2 months. Like shaving, it cause ingrown hair! Just bear in mind, waxing using very hot honey wax. I was burnt once by the wax while doing full leg waxing.

5) IPL Hair Removal
Target Area: Brazilian, Ass, Full Legs, Arms, Upper Lips, Underarm
Have tried IPL on .. nearly my full body! No pain, no ingrown hair! They claimed that IPL treatment can minimize pores and whiten your skin, but I didn't witness it happen on me. Still, I highly recommend IPL treatments. It is becoming more and more popular and cheaper, maybe I will write a post about the shops that I am going for IPL treatment.

What is your favourite method of hair removal? 

No comments:

Post a Comment