Sunday, June 11, 2017

BANGKOK! - STAY

Sawadee ka! Sa-baai-dee-mai ka?

Visited Bangkok with my friend,P in April and to be honest, I want to visit there again within this year before they remove all the street foods store from the street. The last time I went to Bangkok was 2015 with X and that time I fall in love so madly with the street food. Every turn I made, I can buy a lot of foods and snack along the way. But this trip, I was really surprised. There are still some stores along the streets but not as much as two years ago. Most of the street food are like organized now. They are mostly in front of the mall like those food fair in Singapore.

Anyway, back to the trip. I won't be sharing our itinerary because we just go wherever we feel like and most of the night, we spent at the food fair in front of CentralWorld! My love for Moo Ping (grilled pork on skewers) will never changeeeee~

Where we stay?

 
..... no. we didn't stay in castle.. 

We stayed in 2 hotels because one is nearer to the shopping area and other is nearer to the BTS not the korean group, it is their metro/subway/MRT. Also, I have a confession to make......

...I forget to take room photo... :X
  

So I will just talk more of their hotel locations and our feedback of the hotels

1) Budacco Hotel



This hotel is the one nearer to shopping area. It is deep inside the alley ↓, but located just next to the Pratunam Market. It is only a stone's throw from Platinum Fashion Mall and the night market called Talad Neon and with the new bridge linking Platinum Fashion Mall and almost all the mall around Siam, it is really convenient. This hotel is highly recommended for shopaholics.

image cr.: google map

But if you intend to explore around using public transport, you need to walk about 20mins? to the nearest BTS that is provided you don't stop and see see look look. And for those using Grab, most of the driver don't know this hotel. You can wait at the hotel lobby and let the staff direct them to you or go to Baiyoko hotel and let them fetch you from there.

Now, let's talk about more about the room. Both of us feel this hotel room is very clean and quite big. I remember that we open both of our luggage, we still have spaces to walk around. Oh ya.. for this hotel, we booked the room with the breakfast option. Their breakfast variety is not wide but I still get my favourite sunny-side up eggs!


2) ibis Bangkok Siam



This is my 2nd time staying here! I really like the location of this hotel. Just next to the National Stadium BTS and walking distance to all the malls around Siam. They have a 7-11 just inside the hotel, in the hotel lobby! I can just wear my pjs down and buy snacks~ And for those who need money changer, there is no need to wait for those at Siam shopping centre to open their stores normally open at 11am, because there is one just next to the hotel in Lub D Bangkok Siam. It is also just opposite to MBK, the food and shopping paradise for many!

Please note that the BTS exit is straight in front of the hotel. But to go to the bridge linking to other Siam malls, you must walk to the staircase in front of Bangkok Art & Culture Centre.

The room and toilet are slightly smaller than the first hotel we went. We really recommended this for explorers who want a hotel near the BTS and really affordable!

Conclusion
I will definitely stay in either of this two hotels for my next trip to the land of thousand smiles! But if you want me to choose which one I will highly recommend, it really depends on you.
Do you want to be the explorer or the shopper? 

Also, remember to bring your own toothbrush because it seems like most of the hotels are not providing it. :)

Last but not least, I hope you enjoy my post about where we stayed. If you have any other hotels or Airbnb that you highly recommended, do email or dm me!


Kop kun ka!

No comments:

Post a Comment